View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #20
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarlygianni View Post
How is the sound on the solo all the vid clips I feel don't do it justice.. is it LOUD? thats what im really looking for is a deep, tight, loud sound. Would you say solo is louder than Borla S type but quieter than magnaflow Comp Series ?
I don't have SOLO so I can't answer that. Actually, I would be willing to bet very few if any have heard all three side by side. Even if they did sound is going to be a personal thing. What I think sounds loud you may think is no where near loud enough. What I think sounds nice and deep tone you may think sounds like a tin can. All you'll probably get from that question is the "buy what I have because I like it"....which doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it.

All I can say is that I'm happy with mine which is a resonated x-pipe, muffler delete, and 4.5" tips.....which is SOLO or Magnaflow 2.5" Comp or build yourself.

Here is a prime example. This guy had a SOLO thougt was loud but didn't like it on the highway. He changed it to Corsa and didn't necessarily like it either. Yet you'll have some who swear up and down for SOLO and others who swear up and down for Corsa. It's all in your preference.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80392
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote