View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
RedJewelSS

Drives: six in a row makes it go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! Doh, I completely missed redline's numbers! SO you'd have TAs last on that list? Hmmm, I would have thought that would be higher - seems like lots of people have had REALLY good feedback transferring power to the ground better with just that change alone. Kwik, I agree, the CAI is the only power-adder, but that's why I tried to list power, handling and improved driving experience equally. A short shifter certainly doesn't add power, but should improve the driving exp. The TAs and bushings should help transfer power to the wheels more efficiently, making the car faster by utilizing its HP better. I honestly don't care as much about dyno numbers as I do the end result - a better handling, faster Camaro that's more fun to drive.

As for headers - from what I've read shortys can actually rob power and LTs require a tune, which is further than I want to go with a brand new $37k daily driver right now.

So far for first mods, +1 for intake, +1 for exhaust, and everyone seems to agree the short shifter is a worthwhile upgrade...
yep you got the gist of it.
1989 F-150 4x4/300 I6/M5ODR2
1982 mustang. 351W/414stroker C4 9" rear. bracket racer
1977 F-100 5.9L 12V Cummins conversion/NV5600
RedJewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote