Thread: My new ZL1!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyle View Post
On May 21st I went in to my local Chevy dealer (Capitol Chevrolet) to look at a ZL1. I'd been searching inventory within a few states and wasn't finding what I wanted. I asked the sales guy if I could order one and he says the deadline had passed for the 2013's. I told him I wasn't interested in the redesign for the 2014 and asked him to check again to make sure the deadline hadn't passed. He got online with the Business Center and they told him the cutoff was May 23. Now I'm feeling the pressure because if I want MY 2013 I have to make up my mind fast.

The next day I went in and placed my order. They couldn't guarantee me that they had the allocation but the order gets placed and I cross my fingers. A couple days later Becky confirms that the order was accepted by Chevy.

I ordered a Rally Yellow ZL-1 with the Bright 5 spoke wheels, NAV, Sunroof, trunk mat, cargo organizer, cargo net, and interior illumination. MSRP came out to $63,045.

Now it's time to sit back and wait for the car to be built. As many of you have found out waiting for a car to get built and shipped will turn any grown up back in to a 8 year old waiting for Christmas to arrive. The time just doesn't go by fast enough.

All the while I tracked the Camaro on this website. Becky gave me almost daily updates...sorry Becky. The car is finally Built on 6/22. I expected it to be bayed forever but it didn't take too long. It was loaded on a rail car on 6/27 and was at my dealer on 7/9. Later that day I was at the dealer for pick-up.

The whole experience was a positive one. My salesguy Keith Reynolds was a breeze to work with. No BS. I got the car for a total of $2,500 under MSRP. Could have actually got $500+ off from other dealers but I was crunched for time and just had to get the car ordered.

Here's a few pictures of the car in my driveway. This thing is AWESOME. Haven't gone above 3,200 RPM's but even doing that is fast. I had a couple of SRT8 Chargers so I can't wait to compare the two on power.

If anyone is looking for a car in the San Jose bay area you should check out Capitol Chevrolet. They have 8 ZL1's on the lot and 2 1LE's.
Congratulations DLyle!

It looks fantastic! I'm happy the process went smoothly for you and now your vehicle of choice is in your driveway. Please continue to enjoy it and feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

All the best ,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care