View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
These Brembos are the most squeakiest brakes ever!!..Had the dealer look at them and they stated that nothing is wrong with them. Its the nature of the beast on all Brembo brakes. They called it glazing and suggested that I let them resurface the rotors for $180 a piece!!!.. Then the service tech told me that I can go to an empty parking lot, drive fast in reverse and slam on the brakes and repeat 3 times and that will fix it...
$180 a piece for resurfacing?? WOW! You can get new rotors for less than that and would likely be a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Pete, stopping is highly overrated....I want quiet....LOL

Contact Tyler at JDP Motorsports and get some Hawk Ceramic brake pads...they will work just like the 350Z when you get them really hot, but they are definitely quieter...
Thanks for the recommendation!
Stock pads are great all around pads, but they are a bit too dusty and noisy for many Camaro owners. I think Pete sometimes overlooks the fact that some SS's will never see the track or conditions where that kind of braking is needed. Ceramic pads are good for street use or a show car, but I still prefer the HPS pads for street/somewhat aggressive driving.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a call and we'll get ya setup.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote