View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Well my first one isn't of a Camaro but it can be explained in two words: Knight Rider. My father(who I have never had contact with) races sprint cars on the USAC circut on the local races and is really into Corvettes. I must have been born with a steering wheel in my hand. When I was a little kid I didn't go to sleep with a teddy bear. I had my 1:64 Ertl General Lee in one hand and Boss Hogg's Caddilac in the other. In 1985 when I was 4 I actually insisted that my mom call the TV station and put the Dukes back on the air! I have loved cars ever since I understood what a car was. As far as Camaros go I really didn't know much about them other than in passing until in middle school my friend's sister got an '89 RS Camaro with a 305. His uncle had an '87 IROC. They were both outside my friend's house and when they left they both did huge burnouts. I was pretty much sold from then on. A few of my friends had third gens in high school (including one with a 12 second IROC with a TPI 383 in it, spoiled brat!) and I rode and drove in them. So when I finally got the money to get a decent car it was only fitting that it be a Camaro. If I ever get the extra money I want to build an LSX powered '89 IROC. Those cars were perfect in my opinion. No airbags and it still has the ducktail spoiler.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote