View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
I am interested in what other people that live up north are planning on doing for tires once winter comes around again.

I have a 2LT RS Transformer package with 20" x 8" Front and 20" x 9" Rear Polished Aluminum rims.

I can't find good All Weather Tires besides truck tires around here. If you have been able to find some could you tell me about them. I'm open for suggestions.

Besides I don't know if I should get all-weather tires for the same Transformer rims, since that seems like a waste because I already have the nice summer tires.

Should I down grade my rims for the winter and get a set of winter tires on 'non-transformer' rims? If so any suggestions?

This is my only car, so I will need to be able to drive it in the middle of a snowstorm. I never had an issue with my 98 Camaro, but I never had summer tires before either.
You could do what I did. Get yourself a set of Pirelli scorpion Ice and snow tires that fit your stock rims, then get another set of stock rims (I see quite a few for sale) and put your summer or winter wheels on them. Your car looks stock all year round.

The transformer are just center caps, and they aren't that expensive. Like $15 per wheel.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote