Thread: Autocross?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It really is a lot of fun if it is something you want to do. As others have said, use painter's tape & some common sense. Take it slow the first few times around & gradually increase your speed. Many events will allow you to have someone who is experienced ride with you to help you learn the first few laps. Just don't drive outside your comfort level of controling the car. Don't try to get the best speed on your first event & for goodness sake if you get off course. get off the gas! (Yeah, I know that is common sense, but the worst accidents I have seen the person did not do it). Make whatever choice you are comfortable with. It is your car. No shame in that. Many folks with more experience than I can give you better tips, but from a novice who did it for the first time at the Fest, that is my 2 cents. I had a blast but have no shame in admitting my best time was the worst one for anyone in the event. I was not trying to get the best time, just to learn & keep my car intact. BTW I only hit one cone on one lap & have not noticed any damage (without any tape).