View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #25
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
If I had a ZL1 i would mod it anyways so there goes the warranty. I would rather save some money and have a MUCH better performing car that I can take pride in because I built it myself. If you have money to burn and know you do not want to mod the car at all, go with the ZL1.

BTW, when was the last time you heard a car guy say "This car has more than enough power/handling, I'm not doing anything to it." LOL
How do you figure you can save money AND have a MUCH better performing car? I'd say that applies for the drag strip only. If you want a car that performs as well on a road course you will be spending almost as much if not more than the ZL1’s MSRP. If you want a car that performs on the strip, track, and street you can’t beat ZL1’s value IMO - even if it ends up being $60k.

Drag Racer: Modify the SS.
Road Racer: ZL1. Even if you can bolt on parts for less, you can’t match the engineering and tuning GM has put into the ZL1. Consider the ZL1s Downforce, MR Dampers, Steering, Brakes, etc....
Strip / Street / Track: ZL1. No contest. The ZL1 can literally transform from a cruiser to a race car with its 5 performance modes controlling steering, suspension, and traction control.

P.S. I'm a car guy and I'm not going to do anything to my ZL1.
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote