View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
I donno about clear bra, but has far has i'm concerned splash guards is a must on this car. I have them since may 2010 and no chips at the gills level, also keeps the car protected against oils and mud on the road and the car stays cleaner longer. But 175$ I've spent (invested) so far.

Attachment 239752
I agree 100%. I have the splash guards and they I credit them with keeping dings off my car and messy road grime as well. NO chips as of todays date <knock on wood> . I also make sure to not follow people closely; especially on corners where the tires flex and rocks tend to pop out of tire more frequently.

I have seen the clear bras and car armor kits and I'm not really that impressed. I have seen the car armor fade and turn yellow on vehicles - which is why most of those kits are warrantied for only 5 years or so. Even clear bras and car armor kits will show a chip if the projectile is large (or sharp) enough. If/when the time comes, touch up paint will have to do for me until there is enough to justify repainting. When you repaint someday with a pro, the coats are relatively limitless as to what is feasible and what you want to pay. Personally, I think the splash guards are worth every penny and look just fine.

Dog
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote