View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
Ever since I saw the first pics of the brace under the hood, I've bounced back and forth between "eye candy, probably not needed" and "jeez maybe the MRC and big tires are going to pull enough lateral G's to need it".

I seem to remember Pedders saying in the forums on this site that they make a brace for the Mustang but not the 5th Gen Camaro because in their opinion it doesn't need one due to chassis ridgidity.

Any thoughts, comments, rumors or guesses?
I remember the comments you mention and I also remember comments from another vendor with a video where they actually show strut tower movement while driving. While I don't know, necessarily that the STB is required, being it looks aluminum, it's not a lot of weight, and given the extra weight and mass of ZL1, not to mention it's higher stock capabilities, I'm certainly in favor of the STB. I'm glad it polished; if it stays into production, I think it's eye candy, just like that LSA

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote