View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #294
ajax.

Drives: 12SS,12SRT8,14COPO,77Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I would be very leery of a anything someone tells you about your warranty over the phone....

Couple of things...

Big ticket items like motors, have to be approved by GM. At that point it's out of the dealerships hands. Pop your motor and the GM rep is going to have to come out and check it out... A dealership may not give you a hassle on little things and legally can't hassle on unrelated things, like your power windows stop working... but a big ticket item in your power train, like a motor or tranny... yeah, GM is probably not going to cover you... It's not the dealerships call...

Also, look at how GM is cracking down on power train warranty... they find a aftermarket tune on your ECU or any evidence of you having had one on there they void your entire power train warranty... You take your car in with the turbo on and ask them to fix your motor... well, i don't see it happening...

Now you could always return your car to stock and take it in.... but in my opinion, you want to play, you have to pay...

Absolutely, Im going to poke around see what additional info I can get. When I get more info I'll post it.