View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
Camaro2ss2013

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Hello - 1st post here - look likes a nice place!.

I am retired from the car business and always wanted a camaro and esp a V-8! I took delivery today and have a few basic questions - not in the manual.

1. I am an amatuer detailer and have all the tools - pads, products, rotary and random orbital...Hows the paint on this car? hard? soft? any other tips? I took delivery and told them not to touch it..It's got some water spots that are not etched, so a mild polish like Menzerna 4500 in order....

2. the 2nd thing is they offered me $750 free worth of GM accessories and one of the options is an "enhanced exhaust" - looks like pipes and new muffs...I would not mind a little more throat, but don't want any drone at highway...opinions? If it drones, I'll just opt for the mats and engine cover, I guess...

thanks in advance!
Get the dual-mode performance exhaust! I test drove a car with the regular pipes and let me tell you there is no comparison. With the dual mode they are loud when you want them to be and quiet on the highway. No drone in the car cruising. Plus they are covered under warranty. I got the same deal you did an extra 750 to use in accessories and if I didn't already have the dual mode exhaust it would be the first thing that went on the car. Its a heck of a deal for what you get.
Camaro2ss2013 is offline   Reply With Quote