View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #25
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
That's incorrect for '69, at least in regards to the Camaro & Chevelle...Yenko ordered both via COPO [9561 & 9737 for Camaro, 9562 & 9737 for Chevelle]. Once in Canonsburg, Yenko Sportscars, Inc. would add stripes, shifter, whatever the customer wanted, or whatever Don felt like paying for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
And in 1968 Don used COPO 9737, so some of the Camaros he converted were also COPOs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Ahh yes and no. 67 yes but only 50 or so made, 68 yes and no, 69 no Chevy was doing the 427 at the factory and was available via COPO ordering so it saved Yenko time in not having to swap engines. 69 and after were all COPO orders with some upgrades at the dealership. Yenko turned out cars till 81. So the majority were done at the factory. So unless I can order a LS7 LS9 LSA from the factory in my opinion it's not a COPO and Yenko went out of business. COPO allowed you to order a-lacart now everything s grouped in packages sadly. The only benefit of this is if your trying to be unique but at the sacrifice of less warranty & reliability, and more money.
Hmmmm.....learn something new everyday!!! Thanks for setting me straight. I was mistaken...
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote