View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
MDV6er

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Very dissatisfied with Exhaust

Okay, So I was running stock with just SLP Loudmouth 1 axle-back exhaust, which I liked.
Then, i put on the BBK LT's with HFC's and it sounded horrid. Way too loud and raspy (except for warm idle, that was awesome lol).
So i had the stock mufflers welded back on for the time being.

1. I have the Magnaflow Res. X-Pipe on the way now.. Will this be enough to tame the exhaust to be able to handle the SLP LM1?

2. Should i have the SLP LM1 welded on instead of bolted? (During the weeks of driving around with them bolted on, it just seemed like too much air flow and would cause a tinny-like sound. Especially cold starts. Which made me think it was the clamps causing it?)

3. What does removing the stock resonators do? Deeper/louder/raspier/etc?

I'm just really lost right now with my exhaust lol. I know a lot of people love the MRT 2.0, but I would like to work with my LM1. So any input and advice would be great. I haven't been able to find any videos of exact matches to my exhaust, so any personal inputs and opinions would be great.

On a side note, what kind of magic is involved to make the stock mufflers quieter than a Toyota Prius? lol. My car feels bloated ever since putting them back on, and way too quiet.