View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Hooper
Camaroholic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
I have the exact sound on my 2010 M6. I took it to the dealer this week. I took the tech for a drive and he heard the sound and said that he never heard that noise before. They call me later that day and state that the noise is normal...

So I insisted on driving another SS M6 to see if it makes the noise. They gave me the keys to a brand new 2011 SS M6 with 2 miles on the clock. Guess what, it makes the exact same noise....

I can't believe that this noise is acceptable to GM. The first day I brought my car home from purchasing it my neighbor was outside when I was pulling it up the driveway. The first thing he said was "what the hell was that rattling noise". How freaking embarrassing
Damn this is what I was afraid of! When I test drove an M6 it did not make this noise, but then again maybe I didnt notice it because I was so excited to be driving it. I think I will go test drive one too and see what it does. At this point I am wondering if maybe some models have the clattering noise and others do not (holding out hope that it is somehow adjustable???). Anyway, if its not fixable I am very disappointed. You are right ITguy - it is an embarrasing noise!
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote