View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #235
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'd want a new engine. Bottom line, they screwed up your car, they should "fix" it. They should be happy to go above and beyond it's only good business.

They could get a new engine at their cost and have the tech that screwed it up fix it on his time.
If they operate like any other independant shop they just need to claim it to their insurance. This kind of thing does happen. Its the same situation as if a car came into that shop with no GM warranty for repair. During the repair the tech messes up and causes more damage. Well they wouldnt be asking GM for help would they? I dont know what kind of shop insurance they have but they need to either claim it or just eat the bill and move on. Its not like that shop ONLY does warranty work on cars. For them to even ask for GM's help in the matter is just confusing to me. If one of my techs screwed up a job I wouldnt be calling my parts mfg to submit a mfg defect claim. Depending on the amount I would eat the cost or be claiming it on insurance.