View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #59
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Tie View Post
The Accord is NOT a competitor for the Camaro. Granted, every car is aiming for a slice of the pie, and is technically a competitor (heck, even the Camaro and Corvette will compete against each other for sales now).

But sorry folks, the Accord is NOT a direct competitor. Nor is the Camry/Solara. Nor is the Mazda 6. Nor is the Nissan Altima or Maxima. Nor is the Civic, Corolla, or any other front wheel drive family vehicle. They are NOT direct competitors, and I they shouldn't be compared at all (except for the import fanatics that are holding onto some hope).

It's a good thing you don't work for GM. That kind of thinking going back 30 years has contributed to the slow demise of the company.

What does GM offer right now that can go toe to toe with an Accord EX V6 coupe 6 speed manual for 28k???? Tell me????

Keep in mind we are talking the Accord and Altima COUPE V6s, not the sedans or 4 cylinder models.

Neither one of those are very family friendly if you've ever been inside one or seen the trunk.

Again, before you respond, do a little research on the features, specs, and prices of the V6 Accord and Altima coupes, and tell me they don't sit right on the same chesterfield as a Camaro V6.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote