View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #37
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Same exact issues, thought i had a bent axle or driveshaft on my stage 3. I dont drive the car anymore because of this clutch. Shudders so hard since day 1 it feels like the axles are bent from a stop. dumping the clutch with over 500 at the tires isnt acceptable for a daily driver nor safe and thats the only way I can get this to not shudder the whole car. It also feels like the disc is on its very last little bit.. engagement went from mid pedal to top of the pedal and no longer feels accurate.. like a disc that is wearing out. 3 master cyls and two slave cyls thinking this was the problem. spoken to the guys on the phone several times (chris i believe it was) and he assured me they have hundreds of stage three's in new Camaros and no issues that it has to be my install or build. Steve, if you can touch base with me about what I can do to remedy this or upgrade to a twin disc i would love to give you all a best shot. I have the HotRod Power tour coming up in June as well as Texas heat wave and I definitely want it remedied before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmy View Post
Forum friends,

Just a little of my experience with Monster clutches so that you DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!!!
Although I was not experiencing any kind of issues with my car, I recently replaced my factory clutch because I wanted to maximize HP to the ground. I looked around and called Monster Clutches. They assured me that the Level 3 was my best choice for my HP and that my daily driven car would still keep the good manners when driven around in the city while perfoming like a beast at the track. I gave the clutch the proper "break-in" in accordance with Monster's break in instructions during the first 500 miles (not highway, but city stop and go miles). My car currently has 1100 miles on the Monster clutch and I could not be MORE disappointed...the clutch makes a horrible and embarrasing noise EVERY time that you take off sounding as if your throwout bearing was in need of replacement. The billet flywheel that came with the package appears NOT to have been balanced. This clutch combo creates a vibration at speeds over 65 that resemble a car with a bent driveshaft... I am just giving you a word of advice...DO NOT BUY MONSTER CLUTCHES!!!! After wasting the money, I am ready to throw this piece of junk away and install an ACT or McLeod combo. Any other GOOD suggestions?

Last edited by The 2010 Sin; 04-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.
The 2010 Sin is offline   Reply With Quote