View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #2074
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
It's good they give you classes as dancing can be dangerous.

You aren't "floating" this rig are you?
Here is a real sore subject to me... Not because of what you mentioned, but because of thee origination of this crap we have to deal with...

We are not allowed to take any electronics with us at all... No laptop, no hard drives, no thumbdrives, no ipads, no cameras, no cell phones... etc...

I have extreme issue with this as I am traveling to a foreign country, and I am not allowed to take any form of communication. This bothers me... When we arrive on a "CHARTERED" aircraft that makes the flight daily, for three different drilling companies, we retrieve our bags from the cargo hold... and have to walk around the aircraft and throw our bags on the tarmac... This is where the 14-18 y/o Mexican Army regulars, irregulars, or what ever they are are standing with fully automatic rifles, looking at us like we raped their sisters the night before... We step back and they bring these flea bitten, mange riddled dogs over and let them sniff or pee or pretty much anything the dogs want to do to our bags... Step 1 of security...

We then have to carry our bags into the teminal and walk through a scanner... Not sure what it is scanning for... Step 2...

We line up and go through a customs clearance station... and then have to walk past a buttton on the wall, for random additional security checks... You push the button and if green, proceed, if red.. then you get your bags torn apart... Step 3...

We exit the terminal and load up into a van... for a 10 -15 minute ride to the heliport.... <<< remember this part... Upon arrival at the heliport security gate, we have to exit the vans, we can't go through the gate in the vans... so we exit them, and walk approximately 1/3rd - 1/2 of a mile around this sidewalk... and meet the van about 150 feet from where we exited them... where the driver has thrown our bags on the filth encrusted sidewalk... There are often times nappy looking animals, dogs and cats, and what not there at our bags prior to us making it all the around this stupid jaunt we are required to take for some unknown reason.

We can pick up our bags, and enter the heliport lobby... Which is less than 100 yards from the terminal we exited 20-30 minutes earlier... remember the 10-15 minute van ride.. I could walk it in less than 30 seconds.... So... we enter the lobby... and go through another scanner for some unknown purpose... step 4...

We then approach the counter and are asked random questions... what are you here for, who do you work for, etc... duhhhhh... Step 5...

If we answer appropriately we are given a little tag with a number on it...

If we loose this tag we are sooo screwed... There have been guys taken all the way back to the airport and threatend with deportation for losing the tab... Think a little piece of paper the size of a t-shirt tag... Step 5

We then have to go through a standard airport type of security station... remove the shoes, belts, watches or anything else that may harbor weapons of mass destruction... They x-ray the bags and then they do a hands on demolition of them... Candy, (in the trash, or taken home which is what actually occurs) Food, same thing... shampoo in bottles larger than 8 ounces, trash,,, or home... (Remember we are going to these rigs for 28 days of working our asses off and it is really really hot that far south... and they do not sell shampoo on the rig... We can have 20 of the itty bitty bottles, but not one big one... No cigarettes.... (this due to some dumba**s translator that took literal meaning off what a Pemex facility is... We own and operate these rigs... Always have, always will... They lease our services... but the memo out of Mexico City that stated no smoking on Pemex Facilities... read building and offices... got carried over to the rigs that dont even belong to them... by the idiots in the heliport... so... in the trash... ANY Form of electronic is confiscated, and you will probably be deported out of the country for attempting to carry them...

We are there for 28 days... The Mexican Nationals are on the rig for 14 days... We are denied any form of entertainment or personal stuff to do while off duty... I can't even take me kindle...

Why... WHY do I mention all of this... Because...

The reason we arre not allowed any of this stuff is the poor babies are embarrassed....

We are required to wear coveralls... possibly the hotest piece of clothing I've ever worn... but thats a different subject... The coveralls are color coded... Pemex wears Yellow << Remember this part... drilling contractor employees, like me wear orange, and service company employees wear their companies colors other than yellow... I got a company man to admit one time that the helicopter pilots are trained to rescue the yellow suited people first in an emergency...

So, this leads to this... Please note the color (yellow) of the coveralls worn by idiots that are celebrating something... This was not on our rig, or on any rig my company owns... This was on a rig that supposedly belongs to Pemex...

Yes, they (Pemex) are embarrassed, and rightly should be... They are afraid of more instances of videos like this being distributed out off their country... I guess they forgot we have internet access... and can post or e-mail stuff at will.... We also have work related and rig owned cameras... but I can promise you would never see this crap on any rig I've ever been on... yet we have to put up with all th stupidity for it... Now you know a SMALL part of the reason I do not want to go to Mexico to work... I get along with the Nationals just fine, even some of the company men, but the Company Pemex, Petroleo Mexico, the state oil company, is the most screwed up backa**wards bunch of knuckleheads I've ever dealt with..

Sorry for the rant...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote