View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #39
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
My Dad was big into racing when I was growing up. He had an auto repair / performance shop in the 80s, although he still does it's not as big as it used to be. Anything anyone wanted to go faster, they brough it to him. He was always building kick @$$ small blocks for his race cars. He had a 68 Firebird that would run 11.70s, had a pro-street 67 Camaro that ran in the high 9s-low 10s, and his last hurrah in his racing career was a rail that he would run in the 7.90 Super Eliminator class. We were always traveling around to different tracks.

I've learned everything I know from him, and I've even taught him some things about fuel injection along the way. He started migrating away from cars in the mid-late 90's and starting building/tuning motorcycles, quads and go karts. We've got a DynoJet 168 at the shop, and there is always something on it.

My first car was a 71 Chevelle, we built the engine together my freshman/Junior year. Since then I've owned a 67, 68, and currently have a 72 Chevelle. Last time I've counted I have owned close to 50 cars since I was 12. I would buy cheap with some kind of problem, fix them up, turn them, and eventually trade up to a better car that I wanted.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote