View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thumbs down Horrible (Dealer) Service List - Arnold Chevrolet in West Babylon NY

While there have been several complaints about dealers during the ordering process, I'm starting a "dealers to avoid - service" thread because of their horrible service department.
Once again, some dealers think its the 1980s again and the customer doesn't know jack sh*t about their cars and can be abusive to the customer.
My story: The service department at ARNOLD CHEVROLET in West Babylon, NY told me that the the automatic on my 2010 V6 Camaro was the same as the one on the V8. (The problem was a lag/sag problem from a start of about 10 MPH.) They printed out a service bulletin for the V8 that showed the same problem.
I then spoke to the service manager "Mark" and told him, eh, not so fast - they aren't the same trannys and I'm not thrilled with the brush off that the problem is "normal". He gets loud, tells me they are. I tell him look I know a whole lot about this car. He gets louder keeps cutting me off in the middle of my trying to talk to him. He then screams "I said it was the same problem, not the same transmission". Eh, no Mark you didn't and if so, why did they give me a V8 service bulletin? He finally says "why don't you go somewhere else to have your car serviced". Called to speak to the dealership owner, they never called back...
I called GM to register a complaint and waiting to hear back from them. Will keep you posted.

Wed 9/02 GM Customer service has started a file on the matter and is looking into it. Unfortunately I was unable to return their phone call to me today.

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 09-02-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Update to original post
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote