View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
d-mob

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Now that you have clarified some specifics I would suggest that you do a simple stage 1 kit which will get you very close to 600rwhp...Is your car and auto or manual???HP is generally less with a auto than a manual...The recommendations I made in the previous post are the way to go...As far as tires that all in how you operate the car, there is no specific tire that is going to eliminate the car from spinning the rear wheels in 1st or 2nd gear on the street, it's all under the control of your foot...You may look for a brand that has a longer life and is a good all season tire...As for you speedometer sticking at 70km/h I have no idea, unless you're in a manual and were hitting the rev limiter which you should stop holding the gear and which to the next gear...The indicator that you saw was for traction control, if you don't turn it off it will show the swiggly lines in the drivers info. cent. not the HUD that is triggered due to the rear tires spinning...As far as a pulley swap and solid isolator stay with the upper pulley, because the snout has to be pulled to install the isolator and this will save you at least $700.00 verse going with a lower pulley...If you have your owners manual you really need to read it, so you can get a better understanding of how the car operates and what the warning signals mean, if you don't read the manual completely you're doing yourself and the car an injustice as it explains in detail the many performance setting of the car that you are not aware of...If you don't have a manual maybe you can borrow one from a friend, but you really do need to read it...You will be satisfied with a stage 1 kit...
You are right I really should read the owners manual, but just never got to it as I work and study on weekdays. Thanks for the info. My car is auto btw
d-mob is offline   Reply With Quote