View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #22
d-mob

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genzl1rev View Post
I agree with what Stunnah is asking.

I've read plenty of posts on many forums where somebody will say, I have X amount of $$$ and I want Y much horsepower. How do I get to Z?

With that, there will be plenty of answers, but if you go to put the pedal to the metal and the wheels spin, it's really tough. How much rain in the UAE...if not that much, get some sticky tires. The stock ones are good, but if they are cold, they won't grab...maybe that's what happened.

So driving conditions or how you want to drive it, is a good question to ask.
And I think you've answered that one.
600HP is a good goal and very attainable. Just 20 more can be done with a CAI, correct me if I'm wrong here. If you're they don't care about cats and you can live with a CEL or two you can go highflow cats. I've read it's tricky to fool the stock system.
Mine's bone stock and I'm itching to do those two things I've suggested, but in CA, there are so many restrictions...I'm not the type of person to work that hard to avoid a smog check. (R&R mods to pass)

There's all that other stuff with the pulleys is beyond me. I understand compress more air equals more boost equals more HP. But there is so much more to it than that. (TUNING)

One thing I learned long ago is do a mod while you can if the engine is in a position to take it(unless you have time and dollars to R&R your engine).

I had the chance to replace a small block chevy with a 427 but didn't have the dollars and then put in a cam at the same time, or just a beefy cam. There may have been a $200 dollar difference, but when I was done...and years after I had it, I was kicking myself for not doing it.

It's not an easy decision...be safe and smart.

Peace,

He's Alive
Thanks for the info brother, my goal is actually 600whp not crank hp. Plus you are right about the budget.
d-mob is offline   Reply With Quote