View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #30
edneyens

Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
This is the reason I have my T/A. I can understand GM not warranting any car that's been tuned. Just like Samsung wont warranty a laptop that's been opened. Or a phone that's been rooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
That is an excellent comparison.
First statement in this thread you made that I disagree with Chase.

The warranty on laptops and cell phones do not have anything like the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, in effect.

Don't forget what you stated earlier: "If you get a tune and then have an engine or drive train problem you are most likely going to have a serious uphill battle. The thing to keep in mind is that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) still applies. They can not deny a warranty repair unless the issue in question is the direct result of the tune. If there is no link then they have to honor the warranty. If there is you are on the hook."

Many think and feel that GM is just out to screw them over if they do *any* mods and then have trouble, they are not, they will honor the warranty if you deal with them honestly.

You will find many instances where this is so, I am an example, my LS3 engine was replaced under warranty due to a faulty lifter destroying the block even though I had numerous drive train and suspension mods including a tune. GM concluded my actions did not cause the lifter failure, that it was a defective part and they replaced the engine under warranty.

Mods can and do sometimes cause problems, however if you have problems and it is not caused by your changes, odds are GM will cover it, being honest open and reasonable under such circumstances will help your odds drastically.