View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #240
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Well, I do not have my car yet. My order is sitting at event status code 3000 and has been since 1/31. Hope to see some movement very soon.

I am truly fortunate to be in a position to be able to order one of these cars and I was able to substantiate that this evening. C5's one and only Becky D is truly a very special lady and I am glad to have her as a friend. Miss Becky graced me with her keys this evening and allowed me to take a "supervised" drive in her ZL1.

First impressions = WOW, HOLY COW, UNREAL. This car is very fast and just feels perfect. It is worth the wait people. It feels faster than 580hp to me. I'm coming out of a 560hp 2011 SS and this thing is way stronger. I still have a 4 to 6 week wait but it just got a little easier thanks to my good friend...

I'm actually starting to get scared of how powerful this car is. Not kidding. Cold tires are really bad news - it has to be treated like you're walking on ice or you might lose it. You can't really accelerate very strong until you're in third, unless you like to go sideways. Be careful not too accelerate too much even in third gear when you turn - it will go from under you. I have a manual - I believe it gives you the true feeling of a sports car. I can't wait for warmer weather = warm tires.
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote