Thread: Maggie 2300
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levischilz View Post
Could someone give me a basic rundown of what may be needed to reach mid 600's with a maggie on a ls3. My current research with guess is a cam and headers obv a tune and air intake.

Im also curious as to what setup in more detail this would take. If anyone might want to chime in on fuel and also which pulley. I would love to switch it to a cog driven rear so im not sure if the cog would be 1:1 rear or od rear going cog.

Do I need to buy a head rebuild kit if I need to pulley down? I've seen the rockers and springs etc and would be nice to know what would be needed to reach 650 ish in terms of (other) parts needed beyond the maggie.

If I cam does anyone have a good recommendation? Remember its a ls3 and honestly my cam would mostly be for its sound (obv power also).

I was really hoping to go TT but not sure I want to invest that much at this time. Its a street car not track. I was also hoping to not destroy fuel milage so the TT sounded good but I really dont put many miles its more fun than anything and I love the whine!

If anyone has any tips/feedback would love it. Wanted to point out that im in Denver, CO so alt is 5200 here which may bring problems. What would realistic numbers be with a maggie/cam/headers/cai for ls3. Thanks all

Levi
Got some reading to do, and you need to further narrow down your goals. But 650's with Maggy, you'll need a cam, and all the work that goes along with the cam (head bolts, springs, rods etc)
You'll lose boost off the cam, exhaust etc, so you will want to pulley down. Full bolt-ons (CAI, LTs, Exhaust) You'll need to address fuel needs, the stock pump will no make it to 650+ ... Many options available, I went with the ZL1, and when needed you can throw a BAP on it. Also the Maggy LS9 injectors will get maxed out, so you'll need some 65+ #HR injectors.

Maggy/cam/headers/cai for ls3 on stock pulley high 500's.