View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #194
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I know i have been one of those shouting to help the OP,so i thought someone should look deeper into it.So I asked a friend from a local paper to call the dealer,and he spoke to the owner of the dealer..
Here is the story from the other side,and what is really happening behind the computer keys of the OP...
Yes the car was taken and it has been totaled..NO under state law no charges can be filed,as even the owner of the dealer himself went down to the State Police and was told that under the state law because he was a employee ,and had the keys when he enter the building,as well as the keys to the car,no charges can be filed,THATS THE LAW...
The dealer has fired the employee,and past on all of his info if the OP wants to sue him which is his only course of action .
Now as far as the dealer,not calling him till the next day it was because it was the next business day since it happened on a closed weekend..Also the dealer took the time to contact their insurance,etc..The dealer stated that he turned over everything to his insurance company and advised that the OP do the same thing to his own insurance company.. Both insurance company's are working this out between themselves ,which is normal. Its the 2 insurance companys that determine who is at fault and who covers it,thats normal operational standard for any company.
Now back to who said what and who is willing to do what .The dealer has stated that there is plenty of equity in the car to help replace it...Neither of the insurance company's have determined the value yet.So the OP went on the web stating all of this before there has even been a offer of settlement from them or he knows how much out of pocket he could be to replace it..
The owner of the dealer personal went on the web before a insurance settlement has been offered and located a 2012 ZL1 with less mile and more options,plus offered to cover any out of pocket expenses to try to make sure the op will not have to pay anything..The OP turn down this offer,the dealer located other low mile mint ZL1 of the same yr,and the OP turned it down..The OP has made it clear that he only wants a brand new ZL1 given to him,with no out pocket expense to himself...
The op and the dealer met this morning,and the owner tried to work it out,but the op seems to think that the only fair settlement would be to be given a new car..
I stand behind the OP to a point,and i also see the dealers side of it..The dealer would have to sell 4 to 6 ZL1's to cover the cost of giving him a 2014 ZL1 less the settlement..
Did the dealer give the ok for the thief to steal and drive his car,NO..so the person who caused this should have to pay the difference by being sued for it,in court like any other business dealing.Its the thief that should be outed by all of this not so much the dealer.
I think if the op gets the same thing he had and there is little or no cost to him,plus the car is better optioned its fair..There are way too many people that try to take advance of someone else's miss fortune
I know the OP may feel that he doesn't want a car someone else drove first,or he wants that new car smell,and as a car lover i understand that..If that's the case why not take the settlement,what the dealer is offering and just pay the difference your self then..
Anyway the dealer has agreed to help,and stated the op went on line after he was offered help,but it was not to his liking,and some lies have been told..The dealer will go on line and explain their side of this next week..I look forward to reading it,as i am sure the rest of us do also.As yes there is 2 sides to every story ! I hope that the phone call helps get this settled and both sides realize its in the best interest of both parties to give in a little.
I have gotten to the bottom of this,as best as anyone else can,and wish both sides good luck ,merry xmas and a happy new yr..
You can believe the dealer if you want, but here is what happened this morning. I met with the dealer this morning. He offered 1 car with a sunroof and I did not WANT a sunroof. AND he did not offer to replace the car, he offered to sell me the car at full sticker price.

There was no offer of a 2nd car, so I don't know what he is talking about.

The dealer made it clear he was not offering me anything beyond what my car was worth according to the insurance value. AND I will have to buy the car from him--FAT CHANCE. All he is doing is trying to locate a car--he has no intention of REPLACING the vehicle.

The dealer STILL has not offered insurance information.

There was also a passenger in the car--a friend of the service writer. The dealer refuses to give us any information on the passenger, including his name. We are worried this unknown guy will come back and try to sue us for injuries.

I walked out when the owner of the dealership called me a prick.

Thanks so much for all the support here, guys. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the dealer is not being honest with whomever called him.