View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Bob Lutz on New Camaro Size

I got this from the 5thgen.org forums ...thought you might be interested. The release date on it was 16 Feb 07

Alright, all of this talk about the Camaro growing compared to the concept has caused great consternation - namely from me.

I contacted Bob Lutz, to hear his comments on the matter. I respect the confidentiality of private communications, so I waited until I recieved his personal permission to publicly post his message.

Hi Bob,

There is some info circulating around the internet regarding the length of the upcoming Camaro. It seems to have grown compared to Concept. I understand the need for 5 star crash ratings and limitations with Zeta's architecture, really I do. But a Camaro the same size as my 5 passenger, 4 door, CTS, is very disappointing to me. If true, my excitement for the car has been diminished.

Thanks for listening
Charlie

To which Bob Lutz responded:

"Worry not. The production car is trimmer looking and no bigger than the concept that was shown. In fact, other than a more realistic roof height, I have to look at the door handles to see which is which; concept, or production?"

And there you have it!
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote