View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
AKA
Go SteeleRS/SS

Drives: '11 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
We were talking about the ZL1 so when I stated "forced induction" that's what I'm referring to as that's what the OP is talking about. We don't have any turboed ZL1's we have supercharged ZL1's. And I've owed 3 Duramax's making over 700hp each with twins so I'm aware of the difference and what each requires. However, those that are running straight exhaust with a daily driven supercharged car just don't understand how it works and that they're actually loosing power and boost. As I said...unless its a track tuned race car, straight piping a supercharged daily driver is a no-no unless you're looking to reduce your boost and power level. There's a reason why tuners don't do this. And a mild-to-wild switch has nothing to do with this as its just opening and closing a valve on the MUFFLERS (back-pressure). Which still doesn't make them a straight through exhaust and is restrictive maintaining the necessary back-pressure to keep boost levels up. Attached a pic so you can see that its not a straight through flowing system. My CTS-V stayed open constantly so I'm very well aware of this. There's a very good reason why none of the tuners on this forum are straight piping or removing the exhaust from their ZL1 packages and are making 700hp+ with the factory stock exhaust system.
IDK, you said forced induction. turbos qualify. and for the mild to wild, the op wants louder exhaust, i think thats an option, let him decide.
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote