View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #109
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because Holden's seen a similar drop off in sales of Commodores as Ford did with Falcons. Basically the volume products aren't selling like they used to.

I think Holden's overall lineup is much stronger than Ford's but I know things are still up in the air.
On the other hand ... without the Falcon, Commodore sales should increase. Much like how the Tacoma has seen an increase lately as the Ranger & Dakota ceased production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
How in the world do you produce a faulty lug nut........ It's not a complicated device.
Murphys Law: if anything can go wrong, eventually it will.

As simple as a lug nut is, there are plenty of ways a car (or in this case, crossover) can end up with out of spec parts. Might have been a bad batch of steel (or the wrong type), one of the dies could have been wrong (nearest metric equivalent, for example) or been too worn out for proper tolerances, possibly some procedure relating to after treatment wasn't correctly followed (not sure if this applies to lug nuts, but it might). Could have been as simple as a bungling of the order. Specs require one type, yet you somehow receive another & nobody notices until the vehicles hit the road. I'm sure there are others, and all of them involve multiple steps of quality control to have failed. Its a pretty rare thing for any of that to happen, but thats why you hardly ever hear about lug nut recalls. Afterall, even if 99.999% of lug nuts are to spec when installed on a new vehicle, there are going to be about 20,000 or so that are wrong each year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote