View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #57
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I am going to give the SRT8 an edge over the SS in all categories for 11. In the only test I know of between the 2, there was only a 2/10ths difference in the 1/4 mile and handling was basically a wash. The SRT is gaining 50 HP which using the 10 hp=1/10th rule that gives the SRT a 3/10ths advantage over the LS3 and the suspension upgrades should make it even across the board or slighly better than the SS, of course for 2012......
I don't know what the record is for SRT8, stock, but that doesn't sound unreasonable. I don't know that I can argue against much of your points at this point, but I believe we're going to see more than power improvements for SS in '12, at which time I believe SS will take back the improvements you guys will be enjoying for '11. Handling-wise is where I'm stuck most, because I just don't get the feeling Chrysler is as serious about handling in this car as GM is, and has been. However, from reports we're getting, they're going through much of the chassis, so that could be changing (or my general past opinions are just wrong ).

Either way - I'm pleased that the Chally is not just laying over. These improvements will just push us and Ford to go further to give us better cars. While I'm a diehard, I appreciate all three cars, and give credit where it's due

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Not to mention the things the SRT comes with that aren't even available on the 2SS ie pushbutton start, touchscreen stereo with hard drive, etc
I don't care for the pushbotton, but touchscreen would be SWEET!!! I'd rather put the money toward performance, though, if that's how it's gotta' be. Still - those are good selling points to attract buyer who aren't solely about performance, and if the other guys are offering it, I believe we should be looking into it, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
But, in the gt500 you get all of those things (except for push button start ,but who cares) plus a lot more performance that makes it a much better value even for the extra cost over the SRT-8. I thought I would bring that up since your comparing the SRT-8 to the SS camaro. Which are in different classes.
I agree with this, but if that's the top-of-the-line from us, it is what it is. I'm glad that's not looking to be the case very soon. I'm just going to be glad the three of our companies will be putting up such great cars

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote