View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornLove View Post
1st off, this is not a racing story of any sort..

Ok, so I'm on my 8 hr trip to go home, its about 12:00 am, I just went through a small town in east Texas and I'm coming up to a highway intersection with an overpass. There is a bike waiting for me to pass so he could turn into my lane. For kicks and boredom, I rev my engine as I go under the intersection(rly loud and echos if you didn't know). I'm still going the speed limit (70), he flies by me going at least 100-110 with a wheelie almost vertical in the air!!! Craziest thing I've ever seen on the road! I was rly scared for him, my heart sank thinking any second he is going to lose it and crash (I was probably a lot more scared than he was). So yea.... NEVER AGAIN!!

About 30 minutes after that I'm going through another small town, At the main intersection I see a cop at the light as I pass, I'm about 50 yrds ahead of him and he turns my direction. Im going 57 (55 speed limit) and about 100 feet ahead from the 55 is the 70. When I'm about 30 feet away from the sign, I start to accelerate up to 70. He pulls me over shortly after that and here's how it went.

Him: "license and registration"
Me: "I give it to him"
Him: " why were you speeding in MY town"
Me: I didn't know I was speeding sir"
Him: " well you were"
Me: " I saw you were behind me, I wouldn't have sped knowingly, I rly had no clue I was sir"
Him" I clocked you at 66 in a 55", He walks to his car to run my license, He would find I have a clean record and never even been pulled over in 7 years of driving!
Him " I'm writing you a citation"
Me " for 11 over?"
Him: "yes"
Me: I sign it"
Him" next time pay attention to the signs"

I can say with a 100% certainty he knew I was telling the truth (we made eye contact at the intersection).

I would have been grateful if he gave me a ticket for 9 over. He really should have givin me a warning under the circumstances and my 1st offense not even knowing I was doing it.

It's sad that the actions of one cop will make me think differently about all cops. This guy was maybe 28 if that. The only thing I can think of for him giving me that ticket is jealousy.

He was a real smart one too. He asked where I worked, I said ***** & minerals". On the ticket he writes Minrrals.

I took a lot of pride in never having been pulled over and I'm rly angry this is how I get my 1st ticket/1st interaction with a cop while I'm driving.
You gotta know that any time you are driving through a small town - DO THE SPEED LIMIT! They're notorious for ticketing for even a couple mph over!

You accelerated before the speed limit changed. You were speeding!

No the cop gave you a ticket because you were speeding and he was doing his damn job. Cops don't have to let you off with a warning all the time. Sounds to me like you had a ****y attitude

Come on!
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote