View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Good one. GM says "we are giving 2% of customers a car for the track", if people are daily driving and worried about ride you shouldn't be getting a track orineted car in the first place.

Keep in mind this car is from a company that has two mode exhaust (cares about NVH), acoustic treatments on a track car on the hood, engine cover, intake cover, trunk lid, laminated glass, a 600hp car without supercharger whine etc. etc . etc. They also added larger sway bars to it (handling), stickier tires (handling), which don't really impact ride that much, hence SS ride.

I am certain it will ride close to a SS.
Comfort wise a bit less, agreed close though

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If you did a lot of research you should know that its 1LE not ILE.
HA I didn't even spot that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
What makes these 1LE's, so called "a harsh ride", is the monotube shocks. Factory SS suspensions today use twin tubes for comfort. I've always upgraded my Camaro's with Bilsteins shocks and struts, and the ride is hard but controllable. It was comfortable enough for me but not for passengers. But then again, I mainly used it for patrol work. Used the sedan for groceries. Now I drive a Charger R/T and upgraded with hotchkis and koni's (which are twin tubes). Those that know, twin tubes are good for mild performance, which you get firmer ride but not harsh. This was not good for my taste, it still felt soft. My driving style is not like the average person. So i'm switching to Bilsteins again. Hope this helps some of those that chose to buy the 1LE.
I want to close up the wheel "gap" without making it even more "harsh". Also do not want to put some huge ass wheels on it either(staying with stocker 20s off the ZL1). Think I might have to either go with coils that have camber adjustments etc or springs (maybe 2"F and 1.5"R) and have a kit installed to help with alignment/wheel wear. I DONT want to make this ride any rougher but I think it will be fine