View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #330
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
Yea, but wouldnt you want the car to be all it can be? I dont get it. GM goes all out and gives the public a no compromise camaro upgrading EVERYTHING and people are still not happy. This is not a run of the mill SS. This is a purpose built factory track car. They went to great lengths to give us a car that lives up to the Z/28 name. Would you rather have a "Z/28" stickered car with color coded interior pieces and "Z/28" stitched on the headrests and T-tops and fuzzy dice or what they gave us? Too many posers here.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. If GM designed this car by committee -- or by allowing us to choose the feature set -- it would be terrible. Instead they took a bold approach, for modern-day GM -- they gave the engineers free rein to maximize the performance of this platform.

As a result, this is a hard-core car. A lot of the complaints I'm hearing seem to be more that the car is not what the complainer wants. The bolder the car, the more likely it is to piss some people off. I'm glad GM took an uncompromising approach on this car. Is the Z/28 right for everyone? Of course not -- and it's a better car because of that. That fact will make it even more desirable down the road, I believe.

Personally, I'm THRILLED about the Z/28. I was getting ready to buy a Boss 302 Laguna Seca for track day use. Though that's not a bad car, I had a running feud with my cousin when we were kids. He was a Ford guy, but I was a Chevy guy. Enough said...