View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Well, well, well...I did some checking and you are correct!! Looks like USAA has changed their program effective 1-15-2010. I did not know that.

The new qualification verbage reads: COPY OF PROOF OF USAA MEMBERSHIP (USAA MEMBERSHIP CARD, USAA LOAN DOCUMENT OR USAA AUTO INSURANCE CARD) MUST BE RETAINED IN THE DEAL JACKET FOR AUDIT PURPOSES.

This is a change from the previous program. You only needed the printout from when you signed up in the past.

I really respect and appreciate your statement "But atleast I am getting the supplier discount still". So many people think the dealer is just out to screw them over. It is COOL AS HECK that you appreciate the discount you are getting. So many people nowadays just think it's all about price! Lower and lower and lower...it's just never enough!

Enjoy your new car!
Thanks Anna. I used to be in customer service and sales and I know how it rolls. As long as the rep is dealing fair and square with me and I find the same information, then I never fault the rep I am working with, they don't have a choice.

I understand there are audits done, and I have been there where we have offered a discount or special service under the table and once the audit is done, we had to pay out of our own pocket to reimburse the parent company.

That would be the same situation you, scotty, becky or any dealer would face when GM knocks on the door later in the year and you guys don't have proper docs. So no biggie for me.

My dealer is following up with GM's customer service and see if he can still hook me up though.

But between losing out the 60 day cash back and this, I am losing $1250. Kinda wish I woulda just bought of the lot and my current lease had ended in December

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable