View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #30
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I just emailed Schroth. There website says the Rallye 4 should be used in all cars that when the rear straps are attached they create at least a 45 degree angle. If the angle is too tight then use the Rallye 3. I have no way to test out either. I thought someone on this forum was using the Rallye 4 kit.

Also, isn't running a 5 &6 point harness illegal witout a roll bar? Because in a roll over you won't slip out and are prone to neck and head trauma or worse compared to a 4 point with ASM or stock 3 point which let you mOve around. This is what I have read elsewhere.
No it's not illegal to run without a roll bar.In the event im missing something,and not quite understanding,or the other way around.How are you going to attach the shoulder part of the belt?The point of my harness bar is for the shoulder part of the belts to attach to,that is also the appropriate height and angle in the event of a roll over to keep me in my seat.As well what are you attaching the lap portion of the belt to.If this is designed to bolt in then you can only use what you already have,which is a 3pt.

When i was getting all the info i needed to make my decision,i was going to have to have someone cut holes in my floor and weld anchor points for my belts.Whether you go with 4,5or 6pt,it has to have somewhere to anchor,and this is what the tank plate is for.As you know it's totally bolt in and no holes were drilled.
Pic#1 is how my shoulder part is attached
Pic#2 is how the 2 side,and crotch parts attach,whether it's a 4,5,or 6pt there has to be an anchor point.
Attached Images