View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #45
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Corvette was a luxury car therefore rates are lower. I have a hard time believing that as possible. Camaro Scotty can correct me if i'm wrong. I believe the VIN on all cars has one letter in it that says what type the vehicle is, (performance, utility, kiddy wagon etc.) Insurance companies rate vehicles accordingly.

Also being a all new vehicle, rates will most likely fluctuate a bit for the first year or two until they can establish average claim costs, crash testing and theft rate.

As for discounts for multiple policies, that can be big savings. A few years ago I had a '05 Duramax dually, 30 foot travel trailer and paid around $130/mo. I ask my agent about renters insurance. What a surprise, by adding renters my rate dropped to $100/mo and the renters was esentially free. Your agent should help you find ways to save. If they can write extra policies for you and you save, then you save and the also profit by writing an addidional policy. If your agent won't help, don't be afraid to shop around. Like car dealers, insurance agents will try to find you a deal so they can write your policy.