View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #63
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSS View Post
Thanks.
I look forward to getting together someday when mine arrives. Saw in a later post that you got your car. Congrats. Let me know when you find a place to paint on your stripes. I have been asking around a little already myself for a quality painter.
I had my windows tinted today at the same place that did my last 5 cars, top quality work. I scheduled for the invisible bra on Monday. While I was there the owner refereed me to a paint shop that will do my striping. The tint guy is a car guy and I respect his opinion so I expect this to be a good shop. The paint shop is backlogged 2 weeks and will take 4 days to do the work, black stripes with 3 coats of clear so smooth finish without edges. I'm concerned a little about the fact that with the extra clearcoat over the stripes it will change the finish so the hood and deck lid won't match-up with the rest of the car. I'll go in next week and talk about this more with the paint guy next week. It may be better to not clear coat to keep the factory paint looking the same. The only thing is I'll be able to feel the edge of the stripe paint but that would be the same as vinyl only look allot better.