Thread: Daily drivers..
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #107
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Only had my LT2/RS automatic for a couple months. But I did drive it a few hundred miles through one of the worst rain storms I can remember at speeds greater than 70mph. It handled great. A lot better than my 06 Si 4cyl 6sp manual.

I drove my my Si through 7 Cleveland winters with 17" low profile performance tires without a spot of rust and no accidents. 54 mile commute mostly highway into downtown Cleveland. I did believe I was going to die at least twice a year.

Anyways the Camaro has a higher ground clearance, 20" tires(thicker wheel walls) and a lot more weigth. I can't imagine the rear wheel drive will make it worse than what I'm used. And like that other guy said regular washing in the winter reduces the chance of rust.

If I'm wrong I'll let you know in a couple months.
Good luck. I had a so-so time a few winters ago back when I had the V6. I put all season tires on it (Yokohama something or others) and it did sort of OK. Light snow wasn't too bad, but if the snow got deep enough to reach the underbody, it was trouble. It's really not the ideal winter vehicle, but with snow tires, it probably wouldn't be half bad.

It also depends on how bad a winter we get. I remember a few years ago when it was like 80 degrees in February, and then another year the snow seemed like it would never end. I've been waiting for a HUGE snowstorm since I bought my Jeep, and it hasn't really happened yet. Last winter was pretty weak.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote