Thread: Alignment woes
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Yeah, I figured that but thanks just the same.

Got the car back. No joy. Still. Same thing. We talked. Bottom line is that they don;t know what's wrong, GM doesn't know what's wrong, and they (the dealership) definitely understands that something isn't right

It will be going in. Again.Fourth time. They are going to get an SS that doesn't have the problem and check that car's numbers against mine to find out what is possibly different.

I mentioned that well, I gave them 10 grand as a downpayment and traded in a car that was worth 20K on a private sale and never had a day's problems (respectfully, please save it, if anybody reading this tells me that this is no factor. It was a sticking point in my sale negotiations with this dealership. I do hear ya, but they decided to call my declaration of the value a bluff, and we went down all sorts of roads about the value of the vehicle including private sale value, so in my case, it was a factor ). Now I'm bumming rides, taking cabs, borrowing cars, and I told them that honestly, it's not their fault the car was delivered with this problem and built wrong, but I'm their customer and I'm without a car, for a total of four times in six weeks, for the same unfixable problem. It's not their fault, but it's their responsibility.

They told me, we'll look into another one for you, same everything ultra-low miles. Uh-uh, no way. I was sold a new car with problems, I expect a new car with no problems, not a second-hand car with no problems. I know they can't snap their fingers and make a car appear but I also know that my car is not a lost cause- they just need to find the problem and exorcize whatever demon is in the nuts and bolts. We put a man on the moon for the luvva mike