View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Jarvis59
owner/operator VIN 1760

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I Hit 143MPH ....

at the Pocono Speedway!!!

My wife got me a day at the track for my Birthday. Big Suprise since the car was supossed to be my gift.

Stock Car Racing Experience ran the event. There was a drivers class on course and car saftey then 20 miles around the 2.5 mile tri-oval in a NASCAR Sprint car. It was awesome. Drive with no instructer in the car but following one around the track to stay in the "line". I was able to hit around 160MPH on the front striaght.

Next up was "Drive your Own Car". After taping up the Camaro to protect against stone chips we ran two 20 minute sessions around the track.
I was able to hit 143MPH on the front straight. I handled the corners at around 90MPH. No limits on speed and you could pass the other cars on the 2 longer straights. Running in 4th gear for most of the sessions my best lap was 1:26. I adveraged 89MPH for the 2 sessions combined. This included the warm up and warm down laps as well as the entrance and exits from pit row.

It was my first time ever on a track and I ws pleased with both mine and the cars preformance. No issues with the car all temps were fine throughout and I drove it home to Long Island right afterwards.

They will be doing this again next year about 4 times through spring and summer. I highly recommended it. Here are some pix. I will post a Video once I get it edited and converted from tape.
Attached Images