View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 09:56 PM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I definitely vote for the GM dovetail. I’ve put them on both cars I’ve owned. I bought my current one from a dealer in TX in 2022. There were about 5 of them left on dealer shelves brand new at that point in time. Let me see if I can dig a part number up and then you can go to your dealer parts department and have them search for all the colors/part numbers and see if any are left. I paid $5-600 shipped for mine. It’s my favorite spoiler for the early 5th gens. This one was originally white so if there are any left you’ll likely have to repaint it but clearly that’s not an issue.

*****edit****
That link you posted above does appear to be a good part number for the victory red dovetail. The reason it says on v6 cars you may have to drill the holes is because not all v6 cars came with factory spoilers. If you find one new it will come with a plastic template that you use to mark and drill the necessary holes to mount the side pieces. The spoiler itself mounts into the same holes as the stock SS spoiler except you have to drill 1) 5/8” hole for the brake light wiring to go thru the deck lid. I’ll see if I have any pictures of the template on mine. Take that number and call up your dealer of choice and see if they can find one for you. Don’t be surprised if you order it online and the order gets cancelled. It happened to me a couple times before i called my dealer and found mine. Seems the online stores don’t do a very good job of keeping there inventories up to date.
Attached Images

ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 02-25-2024 at 11:40 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote