View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The opinions on this I noticed are all over the place. I've read other posts stating that it WILL help and that the stock hx is better then we give it credit for. More fluid means it'll take longer for that fluid to heat up.

The example used was trying to boil water in a pot. Put a little bit of water in the pot, it boils fast. Fill the pot and it takes much longer to boil. It does make perfect sense. So I would imagine a reservoir would certainly help.
No data that a tank can help. You fail to point out that we are not boiling water we are cooling it and to cool it it's going to take longer. Just read JRE opinion on this and he also proved it by testing. Now you have to cool more water rather than less that can be cooled quicker. Tank is not any help, it may not hurt but no help unless you put ice in it and that is how some are made. Easy way to test is hook a data logger to the downstream side off the IC on the SC before you install tank and after. You we see no change on the LSA. The IC is just too small on the LSA for a tank to help. That is why a air to air works best. Some tanks are made to put ice in and they work good for drag racing. What good is a tank sitting inside a hot engine compartment? JRE sells tanks if you want one, but not much good on the LSA.
Attached Images

Last edited by Skylane765; 03-19-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote