View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I know the feeling!!! I was all excited about buying my methanol kit... BUT, then it was time to install it... and then I started thinking "What the hell am i doing..." and was very nervous about it... almost called it off!! UGH!!! I break the wife's car.... OMG... yeah... you know where that's going! LOL!

BUT, i did what I recommend everyone that is doing this kind of level of mods do... You need to have a Plan B and the means to execute it! While I have no doubt you will most likely have miles and miles of trouble free driving with the SC kit... you do need to at least think about a Plan B in case the worst happens... I did that with Scott from MRT. We came up with a Plan B and a figure to fund Plan B... just in case...

It's actually GOOD thing that you are second guessing things! That tell me you are thinking things through! I mean let's talk about the elephant in the room... What happens if the unthinkable happens and you break your motor? How long will your car be down? Do you have at least another vehicle you can use while your car is down? Will you be hanging out with Charlie Sheen, reenacting scenes from "Platoon"?

What bothers me is the young guy, whose car is there only vehicle, living pay-check to pay-check, who wants to finance a turbo or SC for their car...
Yep you're so right (and why does the forum look so ghey right now? I certainly hope this isn't a permanent change.)
My main concern is getting into a situation where I'm chasing my tail trying to find the right tune along with the current shortcomings associated with data logging and getting an update in a timely manner.

I do have my truck to drive should the unthinkable happen and a Scion xB in storage should the truck go down as well. And if those options tank on me then i can bum rides off my wife, LOL.

And if my wife would ever get her money, then I've got that buy a new motor money should it go kaboom. Otherwise I'm back to rat-holing.

Wanting that Razzi body kit and to do some interior/exterior lighting mods and maybe some cams and ported heads. Something tells me the more porting done the better this motor will sound. Ported IM helped a bit.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.