View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I would definitely prefer to put my Camaro away for the winter too, but I'm not sure if that will be an option for me. I don't think I'll be able to financially support having three vehicles (Camaro + my truck + wife's car). I know everyone is going to say "just get a beater for the winter". But man, up here in this cold, a "beater" just doesn't cut it. You've gotta have something very reliable with a darn good heater. So it's quite possible I may have to drive my Camaro in the winter (yes, I'll get some good winter tires, or at least all-season). But I'm just trying to figure out what I can do about a block heater. Definitely don't want my new LS3 to crack!!!
My son was stationed at Minot for 5+ years. He took his 1999 Pontiac Sunfire and it NEVER failed him. Of course he used 0-20 Mobil 1 in the winter, installed a brand new Sears Die Hard and we had a block heater installed.

Of course some interior trim pieces (frozen so hard) shattered which he never replace. But GM should offer an optional Block Heater. It's cheap insurance for folks that live and work in our northern tier states.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote