View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #12
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by forumryder255 View Post
yeah i might get a civic or a 89 mustang for the year and then get the camaro. As for the finance as long as i work my ass of in school im only going to have to worry about the aftermarket parts which will be exhaust tints audio and maybe better tires at the most.
Hi everyone. I have been kind of MIA for awhile. I started my new job about a month ago and have been so incredibly swamped since then that I haven't had time to get on and keep up with the discussions. However, it doesn't look like I missed much!

Back on topic...

Wow, you are only 16 and plan on buying a $30k or more car? Unless you have some source of income that most 16 year olds do not (ie high paying job, trust fund, etc) then I would recommend not putting yourself into a bad financial situation at such a young age.

When I was in college I took out a few student loans to pay for some things that I shouldn't have, like a motorcycle, 4-wheeler, lift for my truck.... and I can not begin to tell you how much I regret it. It is not worth going into such great debt at such a young age. Not to mention the insurance you will have to pay.

Of course it is your money and your life, and I don't mean to be telling you what you should and/or should not do. I am just giving you advice I wish someone had given me several years ago.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote