View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #23
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
Yes I have searched, but I have not found a similar topic.

I've had my 1SS for 11 days now. Of those 11 days, I've heard a ticking and/or clicking sound three of those days at a very specific point in time.

I hear what appears to be normal ABS/brake system reset clicks (single) after I start my forward direction driving after backing out of my garage.

I make one stop at the bottom of the road I live on and then I travel to the bottom of another steep hill and stop at a stop light. I either hear the clicks now or at the next stop light which is only about 200 yards away.

It sounds like a system is "resetting" itself or an emissions system purging itself.

The clicks are about 2 seconds apart and it lasts for about 10 seconds total. They are loud enough to be heard in the passenger compartment.

A couple of days ago, I added my CarChip/Pro data logger to the Camaro. During this morning's trip into town, the data logger shows I had the car running for 3 minutes and 30 seconds when the clicking started. I'm basing that on the speed/mph data collected along with the RPM data collected. They show the speed at 0 mph and the car traveling at 0 mph for the 20 seconds or so that I was waiting at the stop light when the clicking started.

I have no check-engine-light nor any other warning light. The car seems to be driving ok, just this odd set of clicks/ticks when I'm stopped at one of these two stop lights about 3 minutes and 30 seconds after starting my morning trip into town.

If I don't have to stop at one of those two stop lights, I don't hear the clicks/ticks.

It almost sounds like an emission controls device purging itself or an ABS system reset.

Anyone else hear something like this with their 2010 Camaro?

Thanks

Robert
Sounds like a good time to get the dealer involved. That is why you have a warranty.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote