View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Most of the kits out right now are good quality for the V-6, just see what extra items comes with the kit of your choice and warranty.
Pressure gauge
Purge solenoid
Plug & play harness, ( No cuttiing required )
Does it use ( + ) or ( - ) voltage to fire the solenoids. This is a debate issue for some. The newer cars use Ground signal ( - ) to control electronics in them, so you make your choice.
Lifetime warranty on solenoids
WOT = Wide open throttle switch ( I did bypass mine for a momentary switch )
Low fuel pressure cut-off ( kills trhe solenoids on low fuel pressure so you don't melt a piston or six.
The above is why I choose the Ny-trex kit, plus the fact that all solenoids ( including the purge ) are mounted on one block.
I am NOT bashing any other kit, this is just what I've bought and have had good, SAFE success with it.
I know the Ny-trex doesn't come with a window switch but do you know if maybe one will work with it? My dream setup would be one that I can choose when to spray like you have with the momentary switch but also have a set rpm where it cuts off by itself to not cause any damage. I'm really liking both the ny-trex and zex kits. Don't know what to do at the moment.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote