Thread: 1LE Horsepower
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #116
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I looked at the fast list on the Corvette forum. According to that list no GS C6 has hit 11s stock, but several "normal" LS3s have. So if the "hand-built" LS3 is making about 40-45 more HP than stock you would think the GSes would easily go into the 11s. Even LS3 full bolton Camaros can reach the 11s with a good driver at just a little above that 415 HP mark.

Not dissing the GS LS3s but are they that more powerful?

Maybe I need to find more GS times. Probably the owners are not all that interested in the drags.

I think you've hit on many points. The percentage of GS C6s running down the 1/4 mile is very small compared to the "normal" LS3s.
Also, I'm not sure if its really 40-45 hp.

So far the LS3 M6 Camaros (bolt ons) that have run 11s bolt ons are running drag wheels and tires including skinnies up front. Drag wheels and tires with skinnies up front will shave some serious time off a 1/4 mile.

Also, we have a few members (bolt ons) that remove their seats and everything else they can think of to save weight. I'm not sure if that should be allowed, but so far we've allowed it. But that does make it hard for people who don't want to tear up their cars to compete (at the bolt ons level).

Eventually someone will completely gut their car (drop 500 lbs) and run high 10s - low 11s (bolt ons) and a new category will need to be made.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote