View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Camaro5 Wins Big at RICOA Chevy Show!

Today was a big win for Camaro5.com at the Rhode Island Chevy Owners Association All-Chevy Car Show. This was their 20th annual show, which is held at Diamond Hill State Park in Cumberland, RI every year. This year they had around 325 entries. It is a spectacular show for just Chevy vehicles and Chevy powered vehicles. The park is a great spot with lots of space, a pond, a band shell, and enough shade to keep everyone comfortable. Not to mention the food!

This year, while not the first year for the Gen5 Camaro to show itself, but the first year for an organized showing from Camaro5.com members, which included a cruse in by all the attending members.

The cruse started in Burlington, MA, with the meet up of five members

members: Eric Baker, Silver1lt, 2010Bubblebee, Patfan1987, and molloni

The cruse continued from there to an undisclosed gas station in Millbury, MA

members: 2010CamaroRS, Tessa, Patfan1987 and gf, Silver1lt, chevy 3, Daddyo01545 and son (background)

From there, the line of ten cars headed to Lincoln Mall in RI to meet up with the rest of the members. The show of force was already very apparent in the mall parking lot. Believe it or not, this formation of the "C" and "V" didn't take that long to set up! Count them up, there are 18 cars!!!

The picture was taken by chevy 3's brother Jim, who rolled with us in his Chevelle beast as an honorary C5 member.

Now, imagine all of these cars showing up to the show at the same time...I wish I had a picture of that...

The show was great (I'll post more pictures later). Our goal was to beat out the Corvair club for "Best Participation" for a car club...These guys usually win every year...NOT THIS YEAR!!! Camaro5.com was so well represented that we wan the trophy! And let me tell you, every one knew we were more than psyched with the results!

members: Paul SS, Silver1lt, v6sonoma, Tessa, Eric Baker, Patfan1987and gf, sterlingnotes, two event coordinators, (front row) 95RedCamaroz28, chevy 3, 2010CamaroRS, and molloni

(molloni's car)

We also had two awards given to club members. Tessa got 3rd place in the Modern Camaro class ('84 and higher)

And Jim, chevy 3's brother, won 3rd place for his Chevelle

It was a great day for a meet and greet, and the win was very exciting for all of us. I can't thank everyone enough for showing up to the event. Honestly, this would not have happened without all of you. I'm looking forward to the next event!

I will upload the pictures of all the members soon. Seriously, I have a ton of them...

Now for the members in attendance!

Finest Camaro and wife

Tessa

chevy 3

2010CamaroRS

wmora4

Patfan1987

Silver Ice and family

Eric Baker

sterlingnotes

Paul SS

2010Bumblebee

Silver1lt

Daddyo01545 and family

molloni

95RedCamaroz28

v6sonoma

chevytech

And two potential new members

Don

Carl

Molloni's car get's "tagged"

Patfan1987's car gets "tagged"

Very nice job chevy3! I love them. Thank you!

can you tell just how excited we are?

Although, too much excitement tuckered out our little trooper

Last edited by molloni; 06-28-2010 at 12:03 PM.
molloni is offline   Reply With Quote